I've been ordering from Cookies by Design for years, as they were known for their lovely gift baskets with gorgeous cookies. Not only have their prices gone up, everything is now shipped from one factory in Texas.

When I placed my last order for a cookie basket of 8, one arrived, by itself in a box. When I called to complain, they said they could get a replacement out following Tuesday, but did not refund me. The company tried to blame UPS for stealing the cookies. Really?

Then the replacement came over 5 days later, and was still not 8 cookies, but six, in a sad container, with some red plastic celophane shooting out.

It was so cheap looking, and there was so much trouble getting the order and getting customer service to respond, that it is not worth the trouble or embarrassement of what will arrive. Buyer beware!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cookies By Design Cookies.

Comments

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #719290

$113.00 for 19 stale cookies

Seattle, Washington, United States #691222

I just ordered a cookie bouquet for my son & wife for new baby. First of all they

delivered them to wrong house & left them with someone and did not even verify

the name was them. When I called the Baltimore MD location to ask where they

were, they said they were delivered. I had to have my son go to that house and pick

them up. The company said they would do another order for another $100. I don't think

so!

When my son sent a picture, they looked nothing like the picture on the website .

the frosting was all over the outside edges. I have used

Cookies by design for years, but will never use them again. They've gone to pot!

I have confirmed information regarding Cookies by Design- the corporate store in texas now takes most orders from online and ships them out of Texas, cutting out their locally owned franchisee's and closing many family owned bakeries down. I would suggest that anyone wanting a tasty treat with excellent customer service contact their closest local Cookies by Design and not place online orders and do not call the 1-800 number on their website or catalog.

I heard that the corporate is trying to close down many of the small shops in their fleet-- It is a sad day when a parent corporation is so hungry that they eat their children.

Buyer Beware!!! Sign of the times...shop local!!!

Call your bank and tell them that you did not get the product you asked for and the bank will refund you your money. Technically, Cookies by Design is committing fraud if you aren't getting the product as described, they won't replace the item or give you a refund. I'm glad you reported them to the BBB, that was my next step.

I just had a HORRIBLE experience with Cookies By Design and I will NEVER use them again! (By the way, I have ordered from Corso's Cookies several times and everything they've sent has been FABULOUS -- www.corsoscookies.com)

I am so displeased with their crappy products and their utter lack of customer service that I actually filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Here's what happened:

On 6/19/10, I placed an order for 8 monogrammed wedding favor cookies. The cookies arrived on 6/24, and they looked NOTHING like the photo on the website. The frosting was different, and so was the font. On top of that, the writing looked completely unprofessional and sloppy, whereas on the website the writing was beautiful and perfect. When I called that day (6/24) to express my concerns, Stephanie told me that I would be issued both a full refund of $68.28 to my credit card AND receive $68.28 in store credit for future orders. However, as of 7/13, I still had not received the refund.

I called on 7/13 and was transferred to ext. 402. No one picked up, and I left a detailed voicemail message stating the reason for my call (to get my refund), left my phone number, and specifically requested a call back. No one called back, so I sent them an email on 7/14, again explaining everything in detail (including the fact that I had left a message the day before and no one had responded). I did not get a response to my email, either.

On 7/15 I called again and this time spoke to Angela. She verified that I was due a refund, and she processed that, and she also confirmed that I had $68.28 in store credit. I decided to use the store credit to purchase a cookie cake for an upcoming party. I placed the order, and when the cake arrived on 7/23, it was in worse condition than the original cookies I'd had a problem with. The frosting covering the entire bottom half of the cake was completely melted and smashed. It was supposed to look like a beach scene with hibiscus flowers, and it was basically a big blob. Also, some of the writing was smashed and cracked. It was a complete embarrassment. So, I called and asked to speak with a supervisor.

I was transferred to ext. 404, where once again no one picked up. I again left a detailed message including my phone number, and specifically requested a return phone call. Immediately after this, I also sent an email explaining my concerns AND including photos I had taken of the cake to show what a mess it was. I did not get a response to either my phone message or my email.

On 7/26, I called back again. I specifically asked for a supervisor and was instead transferred to a regular service rep (Angela). Angela then transferred me to Stephanie, who got snippy and told me there was nothing else they could do for me. She said that they don't normally issue both a refund AND a merchandise credit; she had only done it because she felt so bad that the mistake had messed up plans for my bridal party the day before my wedding.

I pointed out that their apology card states "If you are not 100% satisfied, we will do whatever it takes to make it right," and made it clear I was not satisfied. Yes, they sent a replacement, but it was a disaster and I was unable to use it. I explained that I expected a full-quality replacement, that I would feel good about bringing to a party -- not one that was melted and smashed and sloppy.

Beyond that, the cake was dried out and stale and completely fell apart when we tried to cut into it!

I asked to speak to a supervisor and Stephanie said her supervisor was at lunch, but promised that the manager would call me either that day or the next day. It is now 8/3 and they have never responded.

Don't EVER use this company -- their products are overpriced and very poor quality, and they clearly do NOT care about their customers.

I would think if you order online, they could automatically forward the order to the store closest to the recipient to no only insure a fresh unbroken cookie, but it would reduce shipping charges for the buyer. Flower companies and Cookie Bouquet manage this quite nicely.

I just had a cookie sent to my Uncle for his 80th bday. They shipped it UPS from TEXAS to OHIO in about 500 pieces!!!

That said, my Aunt did call a local Cookies by Design and the woman was tremendously nice and understanding. She sent a new cookie, plus some cookies for my Aunt and Uncle, as well as a gift cert. They did pick up the original cookie to show the Plano office what a was received.

Apparently, the corporate office likes to hoard the orders at the expense of the regional stores.

Based on how they treated my Aunt after the initial fiasco, I may consider ordering from them again, but will probably call a local office now that I know how the corporate office treats the regions.

Not eveything is shipped from Texas there still are stores that hand deliver. you just need to call that store.